Film, Video Frederic R. and Molly S. Kellogg Biennial Lecture on Jurisprudence
About this Item
- Frederic R. and Molly S. Kellogg Biennial Lecture on Jurisprudence
- Ronald Dworkin, professor of jurisprudence at University College London and the New York University School of Law, delivers the inaugural Frederic R. and Molly S. Kellogg Biennial Lecture on Jurisprudence in the Coolidge Auditorium of the Library of Congress.
- October 26, 2009
- - Born in Worcester, Mass., Ronald Dworkin was educated at Harvard University and Magdalen College, Oxford, where he was a Rhodes Scholar and a student of prominent British lawyer and academic Sir Rupert Cross. Dworkin attended Harvard Law School and subsequently clerked for Judge Learned Hand of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. A former professor of jurisprudence at the University of Oxford, Dworkin is widely known as one of the foremost American legal philosophers. He is the author of many articles in philosophical and legal journals and has written numerous books, as well as articles on legal and political topics in the New York Review of Books. In 2007, Dworkin was awarded the Holberg Memorial Prize in the Humanities by the Kingdom of Norway.
- Law Library of Congress: www.loc.gov/law/
- 1 hours 7 minutes 10 seconds
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Frederic R. and Molly S. Kellogg Biennial Lecture on Jurisprudence. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4794/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Frederic R. and Molly S. Kellogg Biennial Lecture on Jurisprudence. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4794/.
MLA citation style:
Frederic R. and Molly S. Kellogg Biennial Lecture on Jurisprudence. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4794/>.