Film, Video Brendan Carey Block: Cape Breton Fiddle Music from New Hampshire
About this Item
- Brendan Carey Block: Cape Breton Fiddle Music from New Hampshire
- Brendan Carey Block, a multi-faceted fiddler from New Hampshire, performs with his father, Rich Block, on bass and Flynn Cohen on guitar.
- Event Date
- May 28, 2009
- - Brendan Carey Block is a multi-faceted fiddler from New Hampshire, grounded in the musical traditions of New England and Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. He has been performing since the age of ten and has made many trips to Cape Breton to learn from master fiddlers and be immersed in the Scottish-based heritage of the island. Brendan has achieved wide recognition for his virtuosic fiddling and was named the U.S. National Junior Scottish Fiddle Champion for 2000 and 2001. Brendan has toured and recorded with many great artists including the renowned Glengarry Bhoys, the Boston-based band Annalivia, and his own duo project with guitarist Flynn Cohen. In this concert, he will perform his traditional repertoire of jigs, reels, and airs. Brendan is also an avid dogsledder and raises Siberian huskies.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/index.html
- Running Time
- 1 hours
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Brendan Carey Block: Cape Breton Fiddle Music from New Hampshire. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4810/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Brendan Carey Block: Cape Breton Fiddle Music from New Hampshire. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4810/.
MLA citation style:
Brendan Carey Block: Cape Breton Fiddle Music from New Hampshire. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4810/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCarlos Nunez: Galician Bagpipes & Flutes
- Contributor: Nunez, Carlos
- Date: 2014-08-19
Film, VideoGerdan, Kaleidoscope of World Music
- Contributor: Pidkivka, Andrei - Kirilov, Kalin - Gorokhivska, Solomia
- Date: 2014-05-22
Film, VideoThe Quebe Sisters Band: Texas Fiddle & Swing
- Contributor: Quebe Sisters Band
- Date: 2014-08-20
Film, VideoSounds of Korea: Traditional Music & Dance from New York
- Contributor: Sounds of Korea
- Date: 2014-07-23
Film, VideoPhil Wiggins & Friends: Acoustical Blues & Dance from Maryland
- Contributor: Wiggins, Phil - Franklin, Rick - Brickhouse, Junious - Moore, Marcus Childs
- Date: 2014-08-06