Film, Video Free Press in a Time of Terrorism
About this Item
- Free Press in a Time of Terrorism
- In celebration of Human Rights Day, the Law Library of Congress hosts a 90-minute panel discussion. It focuses on how countries around the world are attempting to balance the needs of a free press with an effective strategy against terrorism.
- Event Date
- December 10, 2009
- - Louis Fisher is Special Assistant for Special Projects for the Law Library of Congress.
- - Lucy Dalglish is the Executive Director of the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press.
- - Clothilde le Coz is the Director of Reporters Without Borders.
- Related Resources
- Law Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/law/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 29 minutes 41 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Free Press in a Time of Terrorism. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4831/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Free Press in a Time of Terrorism. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4831/.
MLA citation style:
Free Press in a Time of Terrorism. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4831/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoIn the Name of National Security: Unchecked Presidential Power and the Reynolds Case
- Contributor: Fisher, Louis
- Date: 2006-09-11
Film, VideoA History of Law in American Film
- Contributor: Silbey, Jessica
- Date: 2016-07-20
Film, VideoLaw Day 2016: Paulette Brown
- Contributor: Shaffer, Roberta I. - Brown, Paulette
- Date: 2016-04-27
Film, VideoThe City of the Jews: Segregated Space & the Admission of Strangers in the Jewish Ghetto ...
- Contributor: Indrimi, Natalia - Villani, Stefano - Cooperman, Bernard - Varricchio, Armando
- Date: 2016-05-24
Film, VideoConstitution Day 2016: Rights of People with Mental Illness
- Contributor: Maman, Robert
- Date: 2016-09-07