Film, Video Read Across America: An NEA Project
About this Item
- Read Across America: An NEA Project
- Librarian of Congress Dr. James H. Billington is joined by First Lady Michelle Obama, President of the National Education Association (NEA) Dennis Van Roekel and U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan for the kickoff of NEA's Read Across America program.
- Event Date
- March 02, 2010
- - Dr. James H. Billington is the Librarian of Congress.
- - Dennis Van Roekel is President of the National Education Association.
- - Arne Duncan is U.S. Secretary of Education.
- - Michelle Obama is First Lady of the United States.
- Related Resources
- National Education Association: http://www.nea.org/ External
- Young Readers Center: http://www.read.gov/yrc/
- Running Time
- 48 minutes, 3 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Read Across America: An NEA Project. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4853/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Read Across America: An NEA Project. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4853/.
MLA citation style:
Read Across America: An NEA Project. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4853/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoArchie Green Memorial: Remembering Archie
- Contributor: Ferris, William R. - Ellis, Josh - Wilson, Joseph T. - Northern Neck Chantey Singers - Green, Derek - Munos, Mike - McCulloh, Judy - Billington, Dr. James H. - Kennedy, Keith - Johnson, Paula - Bond, Eddie - Pelosi, Congresswoman Nancy
- Date: 2009-09-10
Film, VideoLibrary of Congress Opens "Cartoon America" Exhibition
- Contributor: Katz, Harry - Feiffer, Jules - Walker, Brian - Kallaugher, Kevin - Wood, Art - Telnaes, Ann
- Date: 2006-11-01
Film, Video2006 Jay I. Kislak Lecture: Re-thinking Conquest: Spanish and Native Experiences in the Americas:
- Contributor: Fernandez-Armesto, Felipe
- Date: 2006-11-09
Film, VideoPreserving At-Risk Digital Social Science Data: The Data-PASS Project
- Contributor: Gutmann, Myron
- Date: 2007-01-26