Film, Video Emissary of the Doomed: Bargaining for Lives
About this Item
- Emissary of the Doomed: Bargaining for Lives
- The little-known story of one man's attempt to save the Jews of Hungary is the subject of a new book titled "Emissary of the Doomed: Bargaining for Lives in the Holocaust" by Ronald Florence. Florence discusses his book at the Library of Congress.
- Event Date
- March 08, 2010
- - Ronald Florence is a historian and novelist. He is the author of nine previous books, including "Lawrence and Aaronsohn," "The Gypsy Man," "The Perfect Machine" and "Blood Libel: The Damascus Affair of 1840." He lives in Providence, R.I.
- Related Resources
- European Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/european/
- Running Time
- 57 minutes,
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Emissary of the Doomed: Bargaining for Lives. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4856/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Emissary of the Doomed: Bargaining for Lives. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4856/.
MLA citation style:
Emissary of the Doomed: Bargaining for Lives. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4856/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoLawrence and Aaronsohn: T.E. Lawrence, Aaronsohn and the Seeds of the Arab-Israel Conflict
- Contributor: Florence, Ronald
- Date: 2007-12-03
Film, VideoCartographic History of Afghanistan: Early, Modern and Colonial Periods
- Contributor: Hanifi, Shah Mahmoud
- Date: 2019-06-04
Film, VideoAn Evening with Ngūgĩ wa Thiong'o
- Contributor: G&itilde - Wa - Thiong'o, Ng&utilde
- Date: 2019-05-09
Film, VideoRwanda Women Rising
- Contributor: Hunt, Swanee
- Date: 2017-11-07
Film, VideoMission to Baghdad: Toward Rebuilding a National Library
- Contributor: Kresh, Diane
- Date: 2003-11-01