Film, Video RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts
About this Item
- RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts
- As the United States begins to prepare to test the new cataloging code, RDA: Resource Description and Access, this presentation explores the changes from AACR2 (Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, 2nd ed.) that the new code brings. The focus of this presentation is a brief overview of the changed instructions for cataloging textual materials. The presentation lasts 41 minutes, and the Q&A session afterward runs 35 minutes.
- Event Date
- January 12, 2010
- - Barbara Tillett is chief of the Policy and Standards Division, Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate at the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- Joint Steering Committee for the Development of RDA: http://www.rda-jsc.org/rda.html External
- RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts (Powerpoint, 1.3 MB): http://www.loc.gov/library/webcasts/jan12_RDA_changes/RDA_changes.ppt
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 15 minutes, 14 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4863/.
APA citation style:
(2010) RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4863/.
MLA citation style:
RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4863/>.