Film, Video Tom Shachtman: Airlift to America
About this Item
- Tom Shachtman: Airlift to America
- Tom Shactman discusses his book "Airlift to America: How Barack Obama Sr., John F. Kennedy, Tom Mboya and 800 East African Students Changed Their World and Ours." Cora Weiss speaks from personal experience about the airlifts and activities of the African American Students Foundation, which funded, coordinated and supported the airlifts. The event is sponsored by the African Section of the African and Middle Eastern Division.
- Event Date
- March 12, 2010
- - Cora Weiss is the former Executive Director of the African American Students Foundation.
- - Tom Shachtman is a filmmaker, educator and author of more than 30 non-fiction books. He has produced and directed documentaries for major television networks such as ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS.
- Related Resources
- African and Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 59 minutes 58 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Tom Shachtman: Airlift to America. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4864/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Tom Shachtman: Airlift to America. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4864/.
MLA citation style:
Tom Shachtman: Airlift to America. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4864/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAfricans & African-Americans in Germany A discussion on the pluralistic and multifaceted presence of Africa in Germany with visiting Fulbright Scholar, Magueye Kasse.
- Contributor: Kasse, Magueye
- Date: 2012-09-26
Film, VideoLady at the O.K. Corral: The True Story of Josephine Marcus Earp Ann Kirschner discussed her new book, "Lady at the O.K. Corral: The True Story of Josephine Marcus Earp."
- Contributor: Kirschner, Ann
- Date: 2013-03-18
Film, VideoProphet in a Time of Priests In celebration of Jewish American Heritage Month, Janice Rothschild Blumberg discussed her new book "Prophet in a Time of Priests."
- Contributor: Blumberg, Janice Rothschild
- Date: 2013-05-01
Film, VideoWho Are the Copts? Bishop Angaelos delivered a presentation on the Copts, the native Christians of Egypt.
- Contributor: Angaelos, Bishop
- Date: 2012-09-21
Film, VideoThe Life and Times of Hank Greenberg Aviva Kempner talked and showed film clips from a new special DVD edition of "The Life and Times of Hank Greenberg."
- Contributor: Kempner, Aviva
- Date: 2013-05-13