Film, Video Witter Bynner Fellows Poetry Reading 2010
About this Item
- Witter Bynner Fellows Poetry Reading 2010
- Poet Laureate Kay Ryan has chosen two talented voices in poetry, Jill McDonough and Atsuro Riley, for the 2010 Witter Bynner Fellowships, and will introduce the poets at the Library of Congress.
- Event Date
- February 18, 2010
- - Atsuro Riley is the author of "Romey's Order," forthcoming in 2010 from the Phoenix Poets series of the University of Chicago Press. His work has been published in Poetry Magazine, The Threepenny Review, and The McSweeney's Book of Poets Picking Poets (2007), and has been featured on Poetry Daily, the online web anthology. He has received a Pushcart Prize, the J. Howard and Barbara M.J. Wood Prize from Poetry Magazine, and grants from the Silicon Valley Community Foundation.
- - Since 1999, Jill McDonough has taught in Massachusetts prisons through Boston University's Prison Education Program. She's also an adjunct professor at the University of Massachusetts-Boston and the Harvard University Extension School. McDonough's poems have appeared in The Threepenny Review, the New Republic and Slate. Her awards include a Pushcart Prize and fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Fine Arts Work Center, Stanford's Stegner Program and the Cullman Center for Scholars and Writers.
- Related Resources
- Poetry at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 22 minutes
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Witter Bynner Fellows Poetry Reading. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4885/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Witter Bynner Fellows Poetry Reading. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4885/.
MLA citation style:
Witter Bynner Fellows Poetry Reading. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4885/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoLiterary Birthday Celebration: Elizabeth Bishop Poets Jennifer Atkinson and Vijay Seshadri celebrated the birthday of poet Elizabeth Bishop by reading selections from her work and discussing her influence on their own writing.
- Contributor: Atkinson, Jennifer - Seshadri, Vijay
- Date: 2016-02-08
Film, VideoChilean Poet Raúl Zurita Poet Raúl Zurita and his translator, Anna Deeny Morales gave a bilingual reading of Zurita's work, followed by a moderated discussion.
- Contributor: Zurita, Raúl - Morales, Anna Deeny
- Date: 2016-02-11
Film, VideoCelebrating "One Life: Dolores Huerta" To celebrate the landmark exhibition "One Life: Dolores Huerta," Poet Laureate Juan Felipe Herrera and poets Arlene Biala and Diana García will read work in response to the exhibition.
- Contributor: Herrera, Juan Felipe - García, Diana - Biala, Arlene
- Date: 2016-03-08
Film, VideoLiterary Birthday Celebration: Flannery O'Connor Novelists Bonnie Jo Campbell and Emily Mitchell celebrate the birthday of American writer Flannery O'Connor by reading selections from her work and discussing her influence on their own writing.
- Contributor: Campbell, Bonnie Jo - Mitchell, Emily
- Date: 2016-03-25
Film, VideoSpotlight on Native Writers Writers Eric Gansworth, Linda LeGarde Grover and Stephen Graham Jones discussed contemporary Native fiction in a reading and panel moderated by Deborah Miranda.
- Contributor: Gansworth, Eric - Jones, Stephen Graham - Miranda, Deborah - Grover, Linda Legarde
- Date: 2016-05-10