Film, Video Carl Gustav Jung & The Red Book (part 2)
About this Item
- Carl Gustav Jung & The Red Book (part 2)
- "Carl Gustav Jung and The Red Book," an all-day symposium, features presentations by prominent Jungian scholars.
- Event Date
- June 19, 2010
- - Thomas Kirsch, M.D. is the son of two first generation Jungian analysts, James and Hilde Kirsch, who began their analytic work with Jung in 1929. In addition to his private practice, Kirsch is on the faculty of the C.G. Jung Institute in San Francisco and a lecturer in the Department of Psychiatry at the Stanford Medical Center.
- - John Beebe, M.D., is a Jungian analyst in practice in San Francisco. Beebe is a past President of the C.G. Jung Institute of San Francisco, where he is currently on the teaching faculty, as well as Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of California Medical School, San Francisco. Beebe is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
- - Betty Sue Flowers is the former director of the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum and an Emeritus Professor of English at the University of Texas at Austin.
- - Dr. George Makari is a faculty member at the Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research at Columbia University. Dr. Makari is a Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the Institute for the History of Psychiatry.
- - Ernst Falzeder is a lecturer at the University of Innsbruck (Austria), psychotherapist, and a translator.
- - Joseph Cambray is the Honorary Secretary of the International Association for Analytical Psychology and co-editor-in-chief of the Journal of Analytical Psychology.
- Related Resources
- The Red Book of Carl G. Jung: Its Origins and Influence: http://myloc.gov/exhibitions/redbook/Pages/default.aspx
- Running Time
- 2 hours 40 minutes 3 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Carl Gustav Jung & The Red Book part 2. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4910/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Carl Gustav Jung & The Red Book part 2. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4910/.
MLA citation style:
Carl Gustav Jung & The Red Book part 2. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4910/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCarl Gustav Jung & The Red Book (part 1) "Carl Gustav Jung and the Red Book," an all day symposium, featured presentations by prominent Jungian scholars.
- Contributor: Shamdasani, Sonu - Ulanov, Ann - Hillman, James
- Date: 2010-06-19
Film, VideoVeterans History Project 10th Anniversary James H. Billington, Librarian of Congress, issues a call to action to all Americans. During the Veterans History Project's 10th Anniversary Commemoration on September 29th, Dr. Billington unveils a new campaign and...
- Date: 2010-09-29
Film, Video2010 Library of Congress Junior Fellows This webcast features interviews and collection highlights from the 2010 Library of Congress Junior Fellows Project displays. Junior Fellows describe some of the special collections and items they worked with and researched...
- Date: 2010-08-05
Film, VideoEarly Music at the Library: 85 Years of Performance Practice History A panel discussion on early music performance at the Library of Congress.
- Date: 2010-10-14
Film, VideoProfessional Help for Public Policy: Policy analysis as a Field of Intellectual Inquiry and Practice According to Roger White, policy analysis, which has emerged over the past half-century as a field of intellectual inquiry and practice, is one of a number of sources that inform the public...
- Contributor: White, Roger
- Date: 2010-09-23