Film, Video Childs Play: The Judaization of Adolescence in 20th-Century America
About this Item
- Childs Play: The Judaization of Adolescence in 20th-Century America
- Jenna Weissman Joselit delivers a lecture titled "Child's Play: The Judaization of Adolescence in 20th-Century America."
- Event Date
- May 13, 2010
- - Jenna Weissman Joselit is a Charles E. Smith Professor of Judaic Studies and professor of history at George Washington University. Joselit ia a former Distinguished Visiting Scholar in the John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- From Haven to Home: 350 Years of Jewish Life in America: www.loc.gov/exhibits/haventohome
- Jewish American History Month: www.jewishheritagemonth.gov
- Running Time
- 33 minutes 20 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Childs Play: The Judaization of Adolescence in 20th-Century America. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4916/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Childs Play: The Judaization of Adolescence in 20th-Century America. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4916/.
MLA citation style:
Childs Play: The Judaization of Adolescence in 20th-Century America. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4916/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Gift to Stalin Film producers Boris Cherdabayev and Aliya Uvalzhanova show selected clips and discuss the film, the tale of a young Jewish orphan is sent into exile during a Stalinist purge.
- Contributor: Uvalzhanova, Aliya - Cherdabayev, Boris
- Date: 2010-06-23
Film, VideoThe Egyptian Museum The director of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo spoke about the museum. The event was co-sponsored by the Egyptian Embassy Cultural and Educational Affairs Office.
- Contributor: El Saddik, Wafaa
- Date: 2010-05-26
Film, VideoCape Verde & Sao Tome Principe: Commonalities & Differences of Two Lusophone Countries The commonalities and differences of two Lusophone African countries are discussed.
- Contributor: Page, Laverne - Seibert, Gerhard
- Date: 2010-10-05
Film, VideoLaurie Marker: The Cheetah: A Race for Survival The African and Middle Eastern Division and the Science, Technology and Business Division co-sponsored this event featuring Laurie Marker, executive director of the Cheetah Conservation Fund.
- Contributor: Marker, Laurie
- Date: 2010-09-29
Film, VideoThe History of Education in Ethiopia with Special Emphasis on Higher Education Dr. Aklilu Habte discusses the history of higher education in Ethiopia.
- Contributor: Habte, Aklilu
- Date: 2010-10-26