Film, Video Poetry: The 2010 Maraton De Poesia
About this Item
- Poetry: The 2010 Maraton De Poesia
- The Hispanic Division hosted an afternoon of poetry readings, moderated by Rei Berroa of George Mason University.
- Event Date
- June 04, 2010
- - Rei Berroa is a professor at George Mason University.
- Related Resources
- Hispanic Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- Poetry at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 56 minutes 2 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Poetry: TheMaraton De Poesia. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4934/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Poetry: TheMaraton De Poesia. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4934/.
MLA citation style:
Poetry: TheMaraton De Poesia. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4934/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoEl Maratón de Poesía: 23rd Poetry Marathon El Maratón de Poesía is a Spanish-language poetry marathon, gathering poets together from Latin America. This year's event was moderated by poet and literary critic Rei Berroa from George Mason University. (Event...
- Contributor: Berroa, Rei
- Date: 2015-06-05
Film, VideoOdysseas Elytis & the Hispanic World Odysseas Elytis influenced Hispanic literature in the late 1930s and 1940s with his exuberant style, adding a further level of passion to the established poetic romanticism of the day. In this presentation,...
- Contributor: Berroa, Rei - Serrano, Pedro
- Date: 2012-01-27
Film, VideoLatin American Poetry for the World - An Anthology World-renowned Latin American poets recite their poems in Spanish.
- Contributor: Leyva, Waldo - Garrido, Martha Rivera - Cypess, Sandra - Varela, Jose - Berroa, Rei - Villareal, Minerva Margarita
- Date: 2015-06-04
Film, VideoMaratón de Poesía / Poetry Marathon The Maratón de Poesía / Poetry Marathon is a trailblazing annual event that bring together recognized Hispanic poets from the United States and abroad to share their work with the local poetry...
- Contributor: Deeny, Anna - Duque, Marcella - Garcia, Jesus Rito - Del Pliego, Benito - Schadl, Suzanne - Nunez, Vanessa - Betancourt, Sonia - Benjamin, Rosalina - Thurber, Maria - Estevez, Sofia ... Deeny, Anna - Duque, Marcella - Garcia, Jesus Rito - Del Pliego, Benito - Schadl, Suzanne - Nunez, Vanessa - Betancourt, Sonia - Benjamin, Rosalina - Thurber, Maria - Estevez, Sofia - Carreno, Cecilia - Mendez, Roxana - Berroa, Rei - Cuevas, Julio - Salazar, Ario E. - Martin, Rita
- Date: 2019-06-07
Film, VideoEngineering in the Andes Mountains: History and Design of Inca Suspension Bridges John Ochsendorf discussed engineering in the Andes mountains. In this difficult terrain, the enginners of the Inca Empire built suspension bridges of natural fiber to span wide canyons and bridges. These remarkable...
- Contributor: Ochsendorf, John
- Date: 2005-12-08