Film, Video Hope for America Exhibition Opening
About this Item
- Hope for America Exhibition Opening
- Linda Hope, Sloan Gibson, James Billington open "Hope for America: Performers, Politics & Pop Culture," a new exhibition that explores the dynamics of political and social satire.
- June 10, 2010
- - James H. Billington is the Librarian of Congress.
- - Sloan Gibson is a 1975 graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point. He earned both Airborne and Ranger qualifications and served as an infantry officer in the U.S. Army. He earned a Masters in Economics from the University of Missouri in Kansas City and a Masters in Public Administration from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. Prior to joining the USO, Gibson spent more than 20 years in banking. In 2002, he chaired the United Way campaign in Central Alabama, which raised more than $30 million.
- - Linda Hope is the daughter of Bob Hope.
- Bob Hope Exhibition: https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/bobhope/
- 41 minutes 10 seconds
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hope for America Exhibition Opening. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4935/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Hope for America Exhibition Opening. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4935/.
MLA citation style:
Hope for America Exhibition Opening. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4935/>.