Film, Video Nazarbayev and the Making of Kazakhstan
About this Item
- Nazarbayev and the Making of Kazakhstan
- Author Jonathan Aitken discusses his book "Nazarbayev and the Making of Kazakhstan: From Communism to Capitalism," which focuses on the activities of Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev in the first 20 years of that nation's independence from the former Soviet Union.
- Event Date
- April 14, 2010
- - Jonathan Aitken a former Conservative Member of Parliament in the United Kingdom, and British government minister. He is the author of an award-winning biography of President Richard Nixon, "Nixon: A Life."
- Related Resources
- African & Middle East Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 24 minutes 20 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Nazarbayev and the Making of Kazakhstan. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4939/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Nazarbayev and the Making of Kazakhstan. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4939/.
MLA citation style:
Nazarbayev and the Making of Kazakhstan. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4939/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoI Am Because We Are: African Wisdom in Image and Proverb Betty Press discussed and signed her new book, "I Am Because We Are: African Wisdom for Life."
- Contributor: Press, Betty
- Date: 2011-09-08
Film, VideoMere-Bi: A Senegalese Celebration of Motherhood Francoise Pfaff introduced the documentary film and show excerpts from "Mere-Bi" a film on Senegal's pioneer journalist, Annette Mbaye d'Erneville, directed by her son and noted filmmaker Ousmane William Mbaye.
- Contributor: Pfaff, Francoise - Myrick, Marie-Pierre
- Date: 2011-05-20
Film, VideoAfrica: Re-Sourcing History David Birmingham presents a lecture on "Africa: Re-Sourcing History."
- Contributor: Birmingham, David
- Date: 2011-11-14
Film, VideoTurkmenistan Folk Ensemble This concert features the Turkmenistan Folk Ensemble performing traditional Turkmenistan music.
- Contributor: Turkmenistan Folk Ensemble
- Date: 2011-11-28
Film, VideoThe Three Waves of Jewish Migration to China, 1845-1940 Liliane Willens discussed "The Three Waves of Jewish Migration to China, 1845-1940."
- Contributor: Willens, Liliane
- Date: 2011-10-04