Film, Video Hard Times on the U.S.-Mexico Border, 1910-1939
About this Item
- Hard Times on the U.S.-Mexico Border, 1910-1939
- This historical analysis by Martin Gonzalez de la Vara, Colegio de Michoacan, visiting professor at the John Hopkins University, sheds light on specific events which occurred in the US-Mexican border area, especially around El Paso, Texas, during and in the aftermath of the Mexican Revolution. Mexicans from all walks of life fled their country to escape violence and settled in the U.S. Border cities of both sides grew as a result of the long decade-long conflict. The lecture provides a valuable background to US-Mexican relations during the ensuing century.
- Event Date
- July 19, 2010
- - Martin Gonzalez de la Vara is a visiting Professor at the John Hopkins University.
- Related Resources
- Hispanic Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- Running Time
- 59 minutes, 10 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hard Times on the U.S.-Mexico Border, -1939. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4949/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Hard Times on the U.S.-Mexico Border, -1939. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4949/.
MLA citation style:
Hard Times on the U.S.-Mexico Border, -1939. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4949/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna
- Date: 2008-04-11
Film, VideoOctavio Paz Symposium
- Contributor: Santi, Enrico Mario - Grenier, Yvon - Hernandez, Consuelo
- Date: 2008-05-23
Film, VideoMachu Picchu: A Centennial Celebration
- Contributor: Sandoval, Abelardo - Maclean, Margaret - Tenenbaum, Barbara
- Date: 2011-06-29
Film, VideoThe Story of the Town of Minas de Oro in Honduras
- Contributor: Sandoval, Marcial Cerrato
- Date: 2011-04-25
Film, VideoThe Inauguration of the Hispanic Division Mexican Revolution Website
- Date: 2011-05-23