Film, Video Jonathan Safan Foer : 2010 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Jonathan Safan Foer : 2010 National Book Festival
- Author Jonathan Safran Foer appears at the 2010 National Book Festival.
- Event Date
- September 25, 2010
- - Jonathan Safran Foer is the author of novels and nonfiction works. His work has received numerous awards and been translated into 36 languages. His thesis from Princeton became his novel "Everything Is Illuminated," which won the National Jewish Book Award and was made into a motion picture. His second novel, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," used the events of 9/11 to tell the story of a 9-year-old who must learn to deal with his father's death in the World Trade Center. His experimental writing style in this book includes the use of pictures and ending with a 14-page flipbook. His current best-seller is "Eating Animals" (Little, Brown), which combines philosophy, literature, science and detective work to "explore the many stories we use to justify our eating habits." He lives in New York.
- Related Resources
- 2010 National Book Festival Website : http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- Festival Video Webcasts : http://www.loc.gov/today/cyberlc/bookfestival.php
- Running Time
- 31 minutes, 48 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jonathan Safan Foer:National Book Festival. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4962/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Jonathan Safan Foer:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4962/.
MLA citation style:
Jonathan Safan Foer:National Book Festival. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4962/>.