Film, Video Steve Meisner Band
About this Item
- Steve Meisner Band
- Accordion polka concert with the Steve Meisner Band.
- Event Date
- August 25, 2010
- - Steve Meisner is a multi-talented musician, composer and arranger, and a leading figure in American Polka music. He began playing the accordion at the age of five with his father, the late Verne Meisner, who had a successful music career for over fifty years. Since then, he has brought his brand of traditional American polka into the 21st century with a fresh spark and swing, while retaining the music's roots. He has played with the nation's top accordionists, including Myron Floren, Frank Yankovic, and Joey Miskulin. He performs nationally and internationally, averaging two hundred performances a year; venues have included the Lawrence Welk Theater in Branson, Missouri, and the Smithsonian Folklife Festival on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. Steve has received numerous awards and nominations, including inductions to the Ironworld Polka Hall of Fame and the Wisconsin Polka Hall of Fame.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 5 minutes
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Steve Meisner Band. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5052/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Steve Meisner Band. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5052/.
MLA citation style:
Steve Meisner Band. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5052/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Steve Meisner Band Traditional and Contemporary Polka from Wisconsin The Steve Meisner Band performs traditional and contemporary Milwaukee Slovenian-style polka music and songs. videorecording | videorecording ; 65 min | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). August 25, 2010. (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Meisner, Steve - Library of Congress - Steve Meisner Band
- Date: 2010
Film, VideoHomegrown: harbanger harbanger is a turntable septet - an experimental hip-hop music research project exploring turntable polyphony and polyrhythm. The ensemble emerged through the creative collaboration of hip-hop activist Harry Allen and DJ Rob...
- Contributor: Peepsho, Pryvet - Spictakular - The Don Santos - Treeman - Bangers, Bobby - Axis Pro, Djs - Betta, Emoh
- Date: 2021-09-28
Film, VideoHomegrown: Cambalache The American Folklife Center presents Cambalache, a group that plays and promotes traditional son jarocho through performance, music workshops, and educational demonstrations.
- Contributor: Cambalache
- Date: 2021-09-29
Film, VideoHomegrown: Mamselle Ruiz Join us for a Homegrown Concert featuring Mamselle Ruiz, a Mexican-born singer and guitarist living in French-speaking Montreal. For her Homegrown concert Mamselle Ruiz will concentrate on the traditional side of her...
- Contributor: Ruiz, Mamselle
- Date: 2021-09-29
Film, VideoHomegrown Foodways in West Virginia: Finale The culminating, online discussion brings together AFC staff, the West Virginia state folklorist, Emily Hilliard, featured cooks and tradition bearers, Jonathan Hall, Marlyn McClendon and Mehmet Öztan, as well as the videos'...
- Contributor: Dawson, Amy - McClendon, Marlyn - Öztan, Mehmet - Peterson, Betsy - Hall, Jonathan - Costello, Mike
- Date: 2021-09-30