Film, Video Observing the Living Oceans from Space
About this Item
- Observing the Living Oceans from Space
- According to oceanographer Gene Feldman, there is no question among scientists that the Earth is changing. Observing the oceans from space enables NASA to monitor the biological consequences of that change and determine how it affects Earth's ability to support life.
- September 22, 2010
- - Gene Carl Feldman as been an oceanographer at Goddard since 1985 and has been involved with the production, archiving and distribution of satellite-derived ocean color-data sets. Feldman served 3.5 years as a Peace Corps volunteer in Western Samoa, where he was involved in fish farming, sea-turtle conservation, boat building and village fisheries development. After the Peace Corps, he worked as a fisheries biologist in Seattle, Alaska and San Diego. He then earned a Ph.D. in coastal oceanography from the State University of New York at Stony Brook. The author and co-author of numerous publications, Feldman has also contributed to a large number of programs by the Discovery Channel, National Geographic Society, the Cousteau Society, the Smithsonian and many more.
- Science, Technology & Business Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/
- 1 hours 2 minutes 53 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Observing the Living Oceans from Space. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5062/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Observing the Living Oceans from Space. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5062/.
MLA citation style:
Observing the Living Oceans from Space. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5062/>.