Film, Video African Elites in India
About this Item
- African Elites in India
- Author Kenneth X. Robbins discusses his book, a series of snapshots, in the form of essays by specialists in the history numismatics, architecture, and art history of South Asia.
- Event Date
- October 14, 2010
- - Kenneth X. Robbins, a psychiatrist, has published more than fifty articles and three sets of 100 slides on Indian history and art. He co-edited a book on African elites in India and is currently preparing a series of books dealing with Jews in India. He has curated ten exhibitions dealing with India. His special interest is the study of the comprehensive history of the maharajas and other Indian princes utilizing everything from paintings to medals.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle East Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Asian Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/asian/
- Running Time
- 59 minutes 49 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
African Elites in India. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5068/.
APA citation style:
(2010) African Elites in India. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5068/.
MLA citation style:
African Elites in India. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5068/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCartographic History of Afghanistan: Early, Modern and Colonial Periods Shah Mahmoud Hanifi discussed the complexity, innovation, redundancy and contradictions in the cartographic history of modern maps of Afghanistan. He focused specifically on 18th and 19th century mapping projects that emanated from...
- Contributor: Hanifi, Shah Mahmoud
- Date: 2019-06-04
Film, VideoGrowing Up Gullah Dorothy Browner-Hubler discusses growing up Gullah in South Carolina and Maryland.
- Contributor: Browner-Hubler, Dorothy
- Date: 2012-02-28
Film, VideoJews on Trial: The Papal Inquisition in Modena, 1598-1638 Katherine Aron-Beller will be speaking about her book on the Modena inquisition of 1598-1638.
- Contributor: Aron-Beller, Katherine
- Date: 2012-03-21
Film, VideoAmbassador Johnnie Carson: 40 Years of Dedication to Africa Ambassador Johnnie Carson took part in a discussion of his career in the U.S. State Department.
- Contributor: Carson, Johnnie
- Date: 2011-12-08
Film, VideoThe State of Art in Ethiopia Renowned artist Afewerk Tekle presented a lecture on the state of art in his native Ethiopia.
- Contributor: Tekle, Afewerk
- Date: 2009-07-27