Film, Video Obama's Victory & the Democratic Struggle for Power
About this Item
- Obama's Victory & the Democratic Struggle for Power
- Jeffrey Alexander offers a new way of looking at the struggle for political power by discussing what happened and why during Barack Obama's run for the presidency. He argues that images, emotion and performance are the central features of the battle for power.
- Event Date
- October 14, 2010
- - Jeffrey C. Alexander is the Lillian Chavenson Saden Professor of Sociology at Yale University. With Ron Eyerman, he is Co-Director of the Center for Cultural Sociology (CCS). Jeffrey Alexander works in the areas of theory, culture, and politics. An exponent of the "strong program" in cultural sociology, he has investigated the cultural codes and narratives that inform diverse areas of social life.
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: https://www.loc.gov/loc/kluge/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 13 minutes 24 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Obama's Victory & the Democratic Struggle for Power. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5073/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Obama's Victory & the Democratic Struggle for Power. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5073/.
MLA citation style:
Obama's Victory & the Democratic Struggle for Power. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5073/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCroatia: Partnerships, Priorities and Progress Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, Croatian minister for foreign affairs and European integration, gave a speech titled "Croatia: Partnerships, Priorities and Progress" in a lecture sponsored by the John W. Kluge Center. In October 2005,...
- Contributor: Grabar-Kitarovic, Kolinda
- Date: 2006-02-14
Film, VideoKim Jong-il and North Korean Films Suk-Young Kim, a fellow at the John W. Kluge Center, Library of Congress, presents a program that provides insight on North Korean culture, politics and the leadership of Kim Jong-il titled "Kim...
- Contributor: Kim, Suk-Young
- Date: 2007-06-26
Film, VideoFor the Eyes of the Dear Leader: Fashion and Body Politics in North Korean Visual Arts Suk-Young Kim, a fellow at the John W. Kluge Center, Library of Congress, presents a program that provides insight on North Korean culture, politics and the leadership of Kim Jong-il titled "For...
- Contributor: Kim, Suk-Young
- Date: 2007-06-27
Film, VideoModern Japanese Arts and Crafts in Kyoto: From Asai Chu to Yagi Kazuo Contact with the West transformed art in Japan during the first half of the 20th century, especially in the works of the painter Asai Chu (1856-1907) and the ceramicist and teacher Yagi...
- Contributor: Inaga, Shigemi
- Date: 2007-06-07
Film, VideoOn the Origins of Life and the Universe Two 2006 Nobel Prize winners addressed the fundamental questions pondered by many through the ages: the origins of life and the universe. The event, "On the Origins of Life and the Universe:...
- Contributor: Mather, John - Mello, Craig
- Date: 2007-07-26