Film, Video New Sources: Early Cold War Soviet Espionage Records
About this Item
- New Sources: Early Cold War Soviet Espionage Records
- Kluge Staff Fellow John Haynes discusses making new sources accessible and specifically, a digital concordance to early Cold War Soviet espionage record.
- Event Date
- September 30, 2010
- - John E. Haynes is an American historian and specialist in 20th century political history in the Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress. He is known for his books on the subject of the American Communist and anti-Communist movements, and on Soviet espionage in America (many written jointly with Harvey Klehr). He received his undergraduate degree from Florida State University in 1966, and his master's degree and doctorate from the University of Minnesota in 1968 and 1978, respectively.
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: https://www.loc.gov/loc/kluge/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 3 minutes 9 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
New Sources: Early Cold War Soviet Espionage Records. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5074/.
APA citation style:
(2010) New Sources: Early Cold War Soviet Espionage Records. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5074/.
MLA citation style:
New Sources: Early Cold War Soviet Espionage Records. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5074/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCroatia: Partnerships, Priorities and Progress Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, Croatian minister for foreign affairs and European integration, gave a speech titled "Croatia: Partnerships, Priorities and Progress" in a lecture sponsored by the John W. Kluge Center. In October 2005,...
- Contributor: Grabar-Kitarovic, Kolinda
- Date: 2006-02-14
Film, VideoKim Jong-il and North Korean Films Suk-Young Kim, a fellow at the John W. Kluge Center, Library of Congress, presents a program that provides insight on North Korean culture, politics and the leadership of Kim Jong-il titled "Kim...
- Contributor: Kim, Suk-Young
- Date: 2007-06-26
Film, VideoFor the Eyes of the Dear Leader: Fashion and Body Politics in North Korean Visual Arts Suk-Young Kim, a fellow at the John W. Kluge Center, Library of Congress, presents a program that provides insight on North Korean culture, politics and the leadership of Kim Jong-il titled "For...
- Contributor: Kim, Suk-Young
- Date: 2007-06-27
Film, VideoModern Japanese Arts and Crafts in Kyoto: From Asai Chu to Yagi Kazuo Contact with the West transformed art in Japan during the first half of the 20th century, especially in the works of the painter Asai Chu (1856-1907) and the ceramicist and teacher Yagi...
- Contributor: Inaga, Shigemi
- Date: 2007-06-07
Film, VideoOn the Origins of Life and the Universe Two 2006 Nobel Prize winners addressed the fundamental questions pondered by many through the ages: the origins of life and the universe. The event, "On the Origins of Life and the Universe:...
- Contributor: Mather, John - Mello, Craig
- Date: 2007-07-26