Film, Video Michal Govrin: Hold on to the Sun
About this Item
- Michal Govrin: Hold on to the Sun
- Michal Govrin presents a lecture about her new book, "Hold on to the Sun."
- Event Date
- October 18, 2010
- - Michal Govrin was born in Tel Aviv, the daughter of an Israeli pioneer father and a mother who survived the Holocaust. Working as a novelist, poet and theater director, Govrin has published ten books of poetry and fiction. In 2010 she has been selected by the Salon du Livre of Paris as one of the most influential writers of the past 30 years.
- Related Resources
- African and Middle Eastern Reading Room : https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 7 minutes 39 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Michal Govrin: Hold on to the Sun. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5083/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Michal Govrin: Hold on to the Sun. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5083/.
MLA citation style:
Michal Govrin: Hold on to the Sun. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5083/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoGrowing Up Gullah Dorothy Browner-Hubler discusses growing up Gullah in South Carolina and Maryland.
- Contributor: Browner-Hubler, Dorothy
- Date: 2012-02-28
Film, VideoJews on Trial: The Papal Inquisition in Modena, 1598-1638 Katherine Aron-Beller will be speaking about her book on the Modena inquisition of 1598-1638.
- Contributor: Aron-Beller, Katherine
- Date: 2012-03-21
Film, VideoAmbassador Johnnie Carson: 40 Years of Dedication to Africa Ambassador Johnnie Carson took part in a discussion of his career in the U.S. State Department.
- Contributor: Carson, Johnnie
- Date: 2011-12-08
Film, VideoThe State of Art in Ethiopia Renowned artist Afewerk Tekle presented a lecture on the state of art in his native Ethiopia.
- Contributor: Tekle, Afewerk
- Date: 2009-07-27
Film, VideoA Concert of Ladino Music: Flory Jagoda In celebration of Women's History Month, the Library presented a concert of Ladino music with Flory Jagoda in performance with Tiffani Ferrantelli and Zhenya Tochenaya.
- Contributor: Jagoda, Flory
- Date: 2012-03-27