Film, Video CMA Songwriters Series 2010
About this Item
- CMA Songwriters Series 2010
- Platinum-selling country quartet Little Big Town and country songwriters Brett James, Lori McKenna and Bob DiPiero kick off the new Country Music Association (CMA) Songwriters concert series at the Library of Congress.
Bob DiPiero - "Church on the Cumberland Road"
Little Big Town - "You Can't Have Everything"
Brett James - "We Went Out Last Night"
Lori McKenna - "Sweet Disposition"
Bob DiPiero - "Appalachia Cola"
Little Big Town - "Little White Church"
Brett James - "The Truth"
Lori McKenna - "The Luxury of Knowing"
Bob DiPiero - "Gone"
Little Big Town - "Lean Into It"
Brett James - "What Do You Got"
Lori McKenna - "Buy This Town"
All - "Will the Circle be Unbroken"
- Event Date
- December 04, 2010
- - Since the early 2000s, James has become known primarily as a songwriter for other country and pop music artists. Among his compositions is Carrie Underwood's 2006 Number One hit "Jesus, Take the Wheel," which received Grammy Awards for Best Female Country Vocal Performance and Best Country Song. His writers' credits also include Number One hits for Jessica Andrews, Martina McBride, Kenny Chesney, Rodney Atkins and Jason Aldean.
- - For the past 20 years, Bob DiPiero has helped define the best that is Music Row. A legendarily funny and compelling performer, he is one of a handful setting the bar for present-day songwriter/entertainers. He is also a key part of the city's new leadership, a board member of the Country Music Association, a Leadership Nashville alumnus and former Nashville Songwriters Association, Inc., president who brings the creative and business communities together as few can.
- Running Time
- 1 hours 28 minutes 11 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
CMA Songwriters Series. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5103/.
APA citation style:
(2010) CMA Songwriters Series. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5103/.
MLA citation style:
CMA Songwriters Series. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5103/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCMA songwriters series: Bob DiPiero, Brett James, Little Big Town, Lori McKenna videorecording | 1 videorecording ; 88 min. | Recorded in the Coolidge Auditorium of the Library of Congress on Dec. 4, 2010. (General). 4:3 Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Little Big Town (Musical Group) - McKenna, Lori - Country Music Association (U.S.) - Dipiero, Bob - James, Brett
- Date: 2010
Film, VideoCMA Songwriters Series 2011 Clint Black, Patty Loveless and Tim Nichols and Bob DiPiero headline an intimate evening of country music presented jointly with the Country Music Association.
- Contributor: Nichols, Tim - Loveless, Patty - Dipiero, Bob - Black, Clint
- Date: 2011-11-16
Film, VideoCMA Songwriters Series 2013 Host Bob DiPiero returns in this annual event sponsored by the Country Music Association with three chart-topping colleagues: Ronnie Milsap, with 40 #1 hits over an impressive five-decade career taking in country,...
- Contributor: Milsap, Ronnie - Dipiero, Bob - Beavers, Jim - Morgan, Lorrie
- Date: 2013-03-20
Film, VideoCelebrating the Collection: Bernstein's Music for Piano To celebrate the centennial of Leonard Bernstein, the Library held a special, day-long event; an immersive experience anchored by an extensive display of manuscripts, letters, playbills, photographs and memorabilia, sketches, casting notes,...
- Contributor: Osterkamp, Leann
- Date: 2018-05-19
Film, VideoBernstein's America: Celebrating the Collection "West Side Stories" To celebrate the centennial of Leonard Bernstein, the Music Division held a special, day-long event; an immersive experience anchored by an extensive display of manuscripts, letters, playbills, photographs and memorabilia, sketches, casting...
- Contributor: Pattison, Benjamin - Kalbfleisch, Jon - Olivera, Tracy - Miller, Cait
- Date: 2018-05-19