Film, Video The Lion of Judah: Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie
About this Item
- The Lion of Judah: Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie
- His Royal Highness Prince Ermias Sahle Selassie Haile Selassie discusses his work.
- Event Date
- December 09, 2010
- - Prince Ermias Sahle Selassie Haile Selassie is president of the Crown Council of Ethiopia. He is the only son of Prince Sahle Selassie of Ethiopia and Princess Mahisente Habte Mariam. He is the grandson of Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia, and also of Dejazmach Habte Mariam Gebre Igziabiher, the heir to the former Welega kingdom of Leqa Naqamte. Prince Ermias was named recipient of the ISSA Silver Star Award for Outstanding Contributions to Strategic Progress Through Humanitarian Achievement by the International Strategic Studies Association, for his work for Ethiopian refugees in Africa.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 48 minutes 27 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Lion of Judah: Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5107/.
APA citation style:
(2010) The Lion of Judah: Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5107/.
MLA citation style:
The Lion of Judah: Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5107/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoGrowing Up Gullah Dorothy Browner-Hubler discusses growing up Gullah in South Carolina and Maryland.
- Contributor: Browner-Hubler, Dorothy
- Date: 2012-02-28
Film, VideoJews on Trial: The Papal Inquisition in Modena, 1598-1638 Katherine Aron-Beller will be speaking about her book on the Modena inquisition of 1598-1638.
- Contributor: Aron-Beller, Katherine
- Date: 2012-03-21
Film, VideoAmbassador Johnnie Carson: 40 Years of Dedication to Africa Ambassador Johnnie Carson took part in a discussion of his career in the U.S. State Department.
- Contributor: Carson, Johnnie
- Date: 2011-12-08
Film, VideoThe State of Art in Ethiopia Renowned artist Afewerk Tekle presented a lecture on the state of art in his native Ethiopia.
- Contributor: Tekle, Afewerk
- Date: 2009-07-27
Film, VideoA Concert of Ladino Music: Flory Jagoda In celebration of Women's History Month, the Library presented a concert of Ladino music with Flory Jagoda in performance with Tiffani Ferrantelli and Zhenya Tochenaya.
- Contributor: Jagoda, Flory
- Date: 2012-03-27