Film, Video Preserving & Providing Access to Electronic Federal Publications
About this Item
- Preserving & Providing Access to Electronic Federal Publications
- Kate Zwaard discussed how the GPO's Federal Digital Systems (FDsys) is helping the agency meet its mission of preserving and providing access to authentic Federal government information. FDsys forms the backbone of GPO's digital content workflow, giving the agency the tools it needs to preserve and provide access to digital content free from dependence on specific hardware or software. Currently in public beta with select titles, the goal of the agency is to ingest a comprehensive collection of publically available Federal information products.
- Event Date
- November 16, 2010
- - Kate Zwaard is the lead program planner for digital preservation for the Government Printing Office.
- Related Resources
- Digital Preservation: http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/
- Running Time
- 41 minutes 49 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Preserving & Providing Access to Electronic Federal Publications. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5111/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Preserving & Providing Access to Electronic Federal Publications. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5111/.
MLA citation style:
Preserving & Providing Access to Electronic Federal Publications. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5111/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoOpening Remarks - Collections as Data: Impact Opening remarks of the day-long symposium, "Collections as Data: Impact."
- Contributor: Zwaard, Kate
- Date: 2017-07-25
Film, VideoCollections as Data: 2017 National Book Festival Kate Zwaard discusses how we can understand our world in new ways using library collections materials and computer analysis at the 2017 Library of Congress National Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Contributor: Zwaard, Kate
- Date: 2017-09-02
Film, VideoCitizen DJ Premiere & Virtual Masterclass The Library invited music-makers and music-lovers everywhere to try out "Citizen DJ," a groundbreaking project sponsored by Library of Congress Labs that inspires hip-hop music-making from home and opens new doors into...
- Contributor: Zwaard, Kate - Foo, Brian
- Date: 2019-04-21
Film, VideoCollections as Data at the Library of Congress A discussion about efforts to use Library of Congress collections as data, as part of the day-long symposium on "Collections as Data: Stewardship and Use Models to Enhance Access."
- Contributor: Zwaard, Kate - Grohsgal, Leah Weinryb - Weber, Matthew - Thomas, Deborah
- Date: 2016-09-27
Film, VideoCongress.gov Public Forum Watch the Library of Congress host a virtual public forum focused on public access to legislative information through Congress.gov. This event will provide an update on improvements to Congress.gov - the authoritative...
- Contributor: Simonton, Fred - Zwaard, Kate - Ferguson, Kimberly - Buda Smith, Natalie - Weber, Andrew - Laplant, Lisa - Barton, Bud - Grotke, Abbie - Sweany, Jay - Ebanues, Suzanne - Wood, Margaret - Brammer, Robert
- Date: 2021-09-02