Film, Video Wild Bill Donovan: The Spymaster Who Created the OSS & Modern American Espionage
About this Item
- Wild Bill Donovan: The Spymaster Who Created the OSS & Modern American Espionage
- Author Douglas Waller discusses "Wild" Bill Donovan and his role in the OSS and modern American espionage, the subject of his new book.
- Event Date
- February 24, 2011
- - Douglas Waller, a former veteran correspondent for Newsweek and Time, has reported on the CIA for six years. Waller also covered the Pentagon, the State Department, the White House and Congress. Before reporting for Newsweek and Time, he served eight years as a legislative assistant on the staffs of Rep. Edward Markey and Sen. William Proxmire. He is the author of the best-sellers "The Commandos: The Inside Story of America's Secret Soldiers," which chronicled U.S. Special Operations Forces, with a lineage tracing back to the OSS, and "Big Red: The Three-Month Voyage of a Trident Nuclear Submarine." He is also the author of "A Question of Loyalty: Gen. Billy Mitchell and the Court-Martial that Gripped the Nation," the critically acclaimed biography of the World War I general.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 1 minutes, 39 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wild Bill Donovan: The Spymaster Who Created the OSS & Modern American Espionage. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5166/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Wild Bill Donovan: The Spymaster Who Created the OSS & Modern American Espionage. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5166/.
MLA citation style:
Wild Bill Donovan: The Spymaster Who Created the OSS & Modern American Espionage. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5166/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoDisciples: The World War II Missions of the CIA Directors Who Fought for Wild Bill Donovan
- Contributor: Waller, Douglas
- Date: 2016-03-07
Film, VideoDouglas Waller: 2011 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Waller, Douglas
- Date: 2011-09-25
Film, VideoMark Twain in Washington: The Adventures of a Capital Correspondent
- Contributor: Muller, John
- Date: 2014-06-18
Film, VideoDennis Moore: Letters From an American Farmer
- Contributor: Moore, Dennis D.
- Date: 2013-11-22
Film, VideoChristopher Columbus Book of Privileges: The Claiming of a New World
- Contributor: Hessler, John W. - De Simone, Daniel - Van Duzer, Chet
- Date: 2014-10-28