Film, Video Ameen Rihani: The Book of Khalid
About this Item
- Ameen Rihani: The Book of Khalid
- The Library of Congress and the Ameen Rihani Institute presented a symposium on the 100th anniversary of the first Arab-American novel, Ameen Rihani's "The Book of Khalid."
- Event Date
- March 29, 2011
- - Saad Albazei serves on the Shura Council of Saudi Arabia.
- - Roger Allen is a professor at the University of Pennsylvania.
- - Hani Bawardi is an assistant professor at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
- - Dr. James H. Billington is the 13th Librarian of Congress.
- - Suheil Bushrui is senior research scholar at the University of Maryland.
- - Antoine Chedid is Ambassador of Lebanon to the United States.
- - Mary Jane Deeb is chief of the African and Middle Eastern Division at the Library of Congress.
- - Todd Fine is director of Project Khalid.
- - Nathan Funk is an assistant Professor at the University of Waterloo.
- - Wail S. Hassan is an associate Professor at the University of Illinois.
- - Christopher Murphy is head of the Near East Section at the Library of Congress.
- - Geoffrey Nash is senior lecturer at the University of Sunderland.
- - Muhanned Salhi is Arab world specialist in the Near East Section at the Library of Congress.
- - Stephen Sheehi is an associate Professor at the University of South Carolina.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Reading Room : http://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 4 hours, 53 minutes, 52 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ameen Rihani: The Book of Khalid. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5177/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Ameen Rihani: The Book of Khalid. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5177/.
MLA citation style:
Ameen Rihani: The Book of Khalid. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5177/>.