Film, Video Poet Laureate W.S. Merwin Closes the Literary Season
About this Item
- Poet Laureate W.S. Merwin Closes the Literary Season
- U.S. Poet Laureate W.S. Merwin--the two-time winner of the Pulitzer Prize, hailed by the New York Times as the "undisputed master"-- concluded the Library of Congress spring literary season with a reading of his work.
- May 04, 2011
- - During a 60-year writing career, W.S. Merwin has been a two-time winner of the Pulitzer Prize, most recently in 2009 for "The Shadow of Sirius" and in 1971 for "The Carrier of Ladders." In 2006, he won the Rebekah Johnson Bobbitt Prize from the Library of Congress for "Present Company." His retrospective collection "Migration: New and Selected Poems" won the 2005 National Book Award for poetry.
- Poetry (Library of Congress): https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- 1 hours 4 minutes 27 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Poet Laureate W.S. Merwin Closes the Literary Season. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5208/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Poet Laureate W.S. Merwin Closes the Literary Season. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5208/.
MLA citation style:
Poet Laureate W.S. Merwin Closes the Literary Season. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5208/>.