Film, Video Teatro de la Luna's 19th Poetry Marathon
About this Item
- Teatro de la Luna's 19th Poetry Marathon
- In this celebration of words, the only Spanish-language poetry marathon in the country, renowned Spanish-language poets were accompanied by audience members of all ages who recited, read or interpreted their own work or that of well-known authors. Participants included Medar Serrata (Dominican Republic), Veronica Zondek, Omar Lara (Chile), Gustavo Adolfo Garces (Colombia), Rafael Bordao (Cuba), Kary Cerda (Mexico), Vanessa Droz (Puerto Rico) and Maria Angeles Maeso (Spain). (In Spanish)
- Event Date
- April 22, 2011
- Related Resources
- Poetry (Library of Congress): https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Hispanic Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 56 minutes 50 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Teatro de la Luna's 19th Poetry Marathon. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5210/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Teatro de la Luna's 19th Poetry Marathon. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5210/.
MLA citation style:
Teatro de la Luna's 19th Poetry Marathon. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5210/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoPoetry Reading by Fernando Valerio Holguin Fernando Valerio Holguin reads from his work.
- Contributor: Holguin, Fernando Valerio
- Date: 2013-09-25
Film, VideoLandscape with Yellow Birds Author Tom Christensen has translated José Ángel Valente's "Landscape with Yellow Birds." Valente (1929-2000) produced more than 20 volumes of poetry and many important essays. He lived in Switzerland from 1958 to...
- Contributor: Christensen, Tom
- Date: 2013-09-26
Film, VideoJuan Gabriel Vásquez Author Juan Gabriel Vásquez read from his work and participated in a moderated discussion with translator Anne McLean. Vásquez's latest novel, "The Sound of Things Falling" (El ruido de las cosas al...
- Contributor: Vásquez, Juan Gabriel
- Date: 2013-11-21
Film, VideoIllicit: How Smugglers, Traffickers and Copycats are Hijacking the Global Economy Moises Naim gave a talk about his book "Illicit: How Smugglers, Traffickers and Copycats Are Hijacking the Global Economy" in a program sponsored by the Library's Hispanic Division. His book is based...
- Contributor: Naim, Moises
- Date: 2007-03-28
Film, VideoPrime Minister of Barbados The Right Honorable Owen Seymour Arthur, Prime Minister of Barbados, came to the Library of Congress to deliver an historic address concerning the formation and evolution of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and...
- Contributor: Arthur, Owen Seymour
- Date: 2007-06-18