Film, Video The Making of Soviet Central Asia, 1917-1932
About this Item
- The Making of Soviet Central Asia, 1917-1932
- Adeeb Khalid discusses the transformation of culture and identity in Central Asia during the early years of Soviet rule and how the transformations in culture came not from Moscow, but from the Central Asian people themselves and how their new identity fostered a growing modernity that shaped the region as it is today.
- Event Date
- May 05, 2011
- - Adeeb Khalid is Jane and Raphael Bernstein Professor of Asian Studies and History at Carleton College. A historian of modern Central Asia, he is the author "The Politics of Muslim Cultural Reform: Jadidism in Central Asia" and "Islam after Communism: Religion and Politics in Central Asia." He has lived and studied in Uzbekistan, Russia, Turkey, and Pakistan, and travelled al over Central Asia.
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: http://www.loc.gov/kluge/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 31 minutes, 48 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Making of Soviet Central Asia, -1932. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5213/.
APA citation style:
(2011) The Making of Soviet Central Asia, -1932. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5213/.
MLA citation style:
The Making of Soviet Central Asia, -1932. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5213/>.