Film, Video Ben Payton and the Thundering Harps
About this Item
- Ben Payton and the Thundering Harps
- Ben Payton's voice resonates with a passion for life and his skills as a guitarist evoke the tradition of the original Delta blues greats such as Robert Johnson, Tommy Johnson, Charley Patton and Son House. He performs with Steve Chester on rhythm guitar, Cyndi Clark on conga drums and Kindrick Hart on electric bass.
- Event Date
- May 25, 2011
- - Ben Payton was born in tiny Coila, Mississippi, in the hill country just east of the Delta. His early musical influences included his grandmother Mabel Johnson's gospel piano playing and his Uncle Joe Birch's blues guitar.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 6 minutes 35 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ben Payton and the Thundering Harps. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5217/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Ben Payton and the Thundering Harps. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5217/.
MLA citation style:
Ben Payton and the Thundering Harps. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5217/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCarter Family Tribute
- Contributor: Carter Family
- Date: 2005-09-20
Film, VideoHarmonia: Music of the Danube to the Carpathians from Ohio
- Date: 2013-07-11
Film, VideoLibaya Baba: Garifuna Music & Dance from California & New York
- Contributor: Palacio, Greg - Bernardez, Jeffrey - Bernardez, Kelsey - Bernardez, Dayton
- Date: 2013-07-02
Film, VideoThe Singing & Praying Band: African American a Capella Sacred Music from Delaware and Maryland
- Contributor: Singing & Praying Band
- Date: 2012-08-23
Film, VideoAn-Sky Ensemble Oral History
- Contributor: Alpert, Michael - Rushefsky, Pete - Shulman-Ment, Jake - Raim, Ethel
- Date: 2013-06-25