Film, Video Genius of Place: The Life of Frederick Law Olmsted
About this Item
- Genius of Place: The Life of Frederick Law Olmsted
- Frederick Law Olmsted is best remembered for his landscape architecture, from New York's Central Park and Boston's Emerald Necklace to the grounds of the U.S. Capitol and the campus of Stanford University. Olmsted was also an influential journalist, an early voice for the environment and an abolitionist credited with helping dissuade England from joining the South in the Civil War. Justin Martin discusses his new book, "Genius of Place: The Life of Frederick Law Olmsted."
- Event Date
- July 07, 2011
- - Justin Martin is a former staff writer at Fortune magazine, and his articles have appeared in publications including Newsweek, Money and the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Manuscript Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/mss/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 8 minutes, 17 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Genius of Place: The Life of Frederick Law Olmsted. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5234/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Genius of Place: The Life of Frederick Law Olmsted. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5234/.
MLA citation style:
Genius of Place: The Life of Frederick Law Olmsted. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5234/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoRebel Souls: Walt Whitman & America's First Bohemians
- Contributor: Martin, Justin
- Date: 2015-04-21
Film, VideoJustin Martin: 2011 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Martin, Justin
- Date: 2011-09-24
Film, VideoLewis Carroll in the Mirror of Surrealism
- Contributor: Marcus, Leonard
- Date: 2016-04-15
Film, VideoAmerica's Political Dynasties: From Adams to Clinton
- Contributor: Hess, Stephen
- Date: 2016-06-16
Film, VideoCartoons for Victory
- Contributor: Bernard, Warren
- Date: 2016-07-13