Film, Video Sylvia Nasar: 2011 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Sylvia Nasar: 2011 National Book Festival
- Author Sylvia Nasar appears at the 2011 National Book Festival.
- September 24, 2011
- - From the author of "A Beautiful Mind" comes Sylvia Nasar's newest nonfiction work, "Grand Pursuit: The Story of Economic Genius" (Simon & Schuster), a sweeping history of the invention of modern economics that takes readers from Dickens' London to modern Calcutta. "A Beautiful Mind" which won the National Book Critics Circle Award for biography, was turned into an Academy Award-winning film that won Best Picture in 2002. Nasar is the John S. and James. L Knight Professor at the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism.
- National Book Festival: https://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- 2011 Book Festival Webcasts: https://www.loc.gov/today/cyberlc/results.php?mode=s&cat=58
- 44 minutes 25 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sylvia Nasar:National Book Festival. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5260/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Sylvia Nasar:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5260/.
MLA citation style:
Sylvia Nasar:National Book Festival. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5260/>.