Film, Video Russell Banks: 2011 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Russell Banks: 2011 National Book Festival
- Author Russell Banks appears at the 2011 National Book Festival.
- September 24, 2011
- - The author of more than a dozen works of fiction, Russell Banks' newest novel is "Lost Memory of Skin" (Ecco). His work has been translated into more than 20 languages, and two of his novels have been adapted into award-winning films: "The Sweet Hereafter" and "Affliction." His novel "Cloudsplitter" depicts the fictionalized journey of abolitionist John Brown. Banks has written poems, essays and stories for The Boston Globe, The New York Times Book Review and Harper's, among other publications. His novel "The Darling" will be directed by Martin Scorsese and star Cate Blanchett.
- National Book Festival: https://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- 2011 Book Festival Webcasts: https://www.loc.gov/today/cyberlc/results.php?mode=s&cat=58
- 45 minutes 39 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Russell Banks:National Book Festival. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5261/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Russell Banks:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5261/.
MLA citation style:
Russell Banks:National Book Festival. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5261/>.