Film, Video Toni Morrison: 2011 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Toni Morrison: 2011 National Book Festival
- Nobel Prize winning author Toni Morrison appears at the 2011 National Book Festival.
- September 24, 2011
- - The work of Toni Morrison has gained worldwide acclaim. The 1993 Nobel Prize in literature was awarded to Morrison, "who in novels characterized by visionary force and poetic import, gives life to an essential aspect of American reality." Her novel "Beloved" won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1998. Morrison is this year's recipient of the Library of Congress National Book Festival Creative Achievement Award. Her most recent novel is "A Mercy" (Vintage). Morrison is the Robert F. Goheen Professor in the Humanities Emeritus at Princeton University.
- National Book Festival: https://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- 2011 Book Festival Webcasts: https://www.loc.gov/today/cyberlc/results.php?mode=s&cat=58
- 49 minutes 8 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Toni Morrison:National Book Festival. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5262/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Toni Morrison:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5262/.
MLA citation style:
Toni Morrison:National Book Festival. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5262/>.