Film, Video Isabel Wilkerson: 2011 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Isabel Wilkerson: 2011 National Book Festival
- Author and journalist Isabel Wilkerson appears at the 2011 National Book Festival.
- Event Date
- September 24, 2011
- - Isabel Wilkerson, who spent most of her career as a national correspondent and bureau chief at The New York Times, is the first African American woman to win a Pulitzer Prize in the history of American journalism and the first black American to win for individual reporting. Inspired by her own parents' migration, she devoted 15 years to the research and writing of "The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration" (Random House), which won the National Book Critics Award for nonfiction. The Wall Street Journal called it "a brilliant and stirring epic, the first book to cover the full half-century of the Great Migration."
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival: https://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- 2011 Book Festival Webcasts: https://www.loc.gov/today/cyberlc/results.php?mode=s&cat=58
- Running Time
- 44 minutes 1 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Isabel Wilkerson:National Book Festival. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5270/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Isabel Wilkerson:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5270/.
MLA citation style:
Isabel Wilkerson:National Book Festival. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5270/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAmerica's First Great Struggle for Racial Equality: 2018 National Book Festival Brooks D. Simpson presents "Reconstruction: Voices from America's First Great Struggle for Racial Equality" and Isabel Wilkerson presents "The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration" at the...
- Contributor: Simpson, Brooks D. - Wilkerson, Isabel
- Date: 2018-09-01
Film, VideoIsabel Wilkerson: National Book Festival Isabel Wilkerson, author of "Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents" (Random House), discusses the timeliness of her work, the historical foundations for her argument about caste in American society and the power...
- Contributor: Qureshi, Bilal - Burton, Levar - Reft, Ryan - Wilkerson, Isabel
- Date: 2021-09-17
Film, VideoCandice Millard: 2011 National Book Festival Author Candice Millard appears at the 2011 National Book Festival.
- Contributor: Millard, Candice
- Date: 2011-09-24
Film, VideoJack Gantos: 2011 National Book Festival Jack Gantos appears at the 2011 National Book Festival.
- Contributor: Gantos, Jack
- Date: 2011-09-24
Film, VideoJohn Milliken Thompson: 2011 National Book Festival John Milliken Thompson appears at the 2011 National Book Festival.
- Contributor: Thompson, John Milliken
- Date: 2011-09-25