Film, Video Odessa: Genius & Death in a City of Dreams
About this Item
- Odessa: Genius & Death in a City of Dreams
- Odessa was the Russian Empire's gateway to the Middle East when Catherine the Great created this port city on the Black Sea as a model of enlightenment. Georgetown University professor Charles King recreates this world in his historical account.
- Event Date
- September 28, 2011
- - Charles King is a professor of international affairs at Georgetown University and the author of four books on Eastern Europe, including "The Black Sea: A History."
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 59 minutes, 43 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Odessa: Genius & Death in a City of Dreams. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5319/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Odessa: Genius & Death in a City of Dreams. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5319/.
MLA citation style:
Odessa: Genius & Death in a City of Dreams. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5319/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoWhatever Happened to the Washington Reporters?
- Contributor: Hess, Stephen
- Date: 2013-03-20
Film, VideoAct of Congress: How America's Essential Institution Works & How It Doesn't
- Contributor: Kaiser, Robert G.
- Date: 2013-11-19
Film, VideoSatch, Dizzy & Rapid Robert: The Wild Saga of Interracial Baseball Before Jackie Robinson
- Contributor: Gay, Timothy
- Date: 2010-05-05
Film, VideoProhibition in Washington D.C.: How Dry We Weren't
- Contributor: Peck, Garrett
- Date: 2011-10-26
Film, VideoJ. Edgar Hoover & the Library of Congress
- Contributor: Ackerman, Kenneth
- Date: 2012-01-18