Film, Video Ali Mazrui
About this Item
- Ali Mazrui
- Ali Mazrui discussed the state of contemporary African culture and post-independence literary production.
- Event Date
- October 07, 2011
- - Ali Mazrui is an academic and political writer on African and Islamic studies and North-South relations. He is an Albert Schweitzer Professor in the Humanities and the Director of the Institute of Global Cultural Studies at Binghamton University in Binghamton, New York.
- Related Resources
- African and Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 53 minutes 44 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ali Mazrui. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5324/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Ali Mazrui. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5324/.
MLA citation style:
Ali Mazrui. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5324/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoMandlakayise C. Matyumza
- Contributor: Matyumza, Mandlakayise
- Date: 2012-09-25
Film, VideoAmadou Koné
- Contributor: Koné, Amadou
- Date: 2013-09-25
Film, VideoAbdourahman Waberi
- Contributor: Waberi, Abdourahman
- Date: 2013-11-14
Film, VideoConversations with African Poets and Writers: Chinelo Okparanta
- Contributor: Okparanta, Chinelo
- Date: 2015-02-03
Film, VideoThe Growing of Africa's Emergent Leadership
- Contributor: Akerele, Olubanke King
- Date: 2015-03-26