Film, Video The Amman Message: A Magisterium for Islam?
About this Item
- The Amman Message: A Magisterium for Islam?
- Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick discusses the similarities between Muslim and Christian quests for common understanding among adherents of each religion.
- Event Date
- November 16, 2011
- - Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick is archbishop emeritus of Washington and a distinguished visiting scholar at the John W. Kluge Center. He has served on several international bodies and has been a member of the board of Catholic Relief Services for many years. In his retirement, he has been dedicated to inter-religious dialogue, especially in the Holy Land and the Middle East. He served as part of a delegation of American religious leaders that was instrumental in the release from Iranian prison of two young American hikers.
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: http://www.loc.gov/kluge/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 12 minutes, 45 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Amman Message: A Magisterium for Islam?. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5350/.
APA citation style:
(2011) The Amman Message: A Magisterium for Islam?. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5350/.
MLA citation style:
The Amman Message: A Magisterium for Islam?. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5350/>.