Film, Video National Ambassador for Young People's Literature Announcement Ceremony: Walter Dean Myers
About this Item
- National Ambassador for Young People's Literature Announcement Ceremony: Walter Dean Myers
- Walter Dean Myers, five-time winner of the Coretta Scott King Award and two Newbery Honors, was inaugurated as National Ambassador for Young People's Literature by Librarian of Congress James H. Billington. The previous two ambassadors, Katherine Paterson and Jon Scieszka, were also on hand for the event.
- January 10, 2012
- - Walter Dean Myers is a critically acclaimed author of books for young people. His award-winning body of work includes "Sunrise Over Fallujah," "Fallen Angels," "Monster," "Somewhere in the Darkness" and "Harlem." Myers has received two Newbery Honor Awards and five Coretta Scott King Awards. He is the winner of the first Michael L. Printz Award (for excellence in young adult literature, given by the American Library Association) as well as the first recipient of Kent State University's Virginia Hamilton Literary Award for Lifetime Achievement. In 2008, he won the May Hill Arbuthnot Lecture Award. He is considered one of the preeminent writers for young people.
- National Ambassador Website: http://www.Read.gov/cfb/ambassador/
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- 47 minutes 1 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
National Ambassador for Young People's LiteratureAnnouncement Ceremony: Walter Dean Myers. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5351/.
APA citation style:
(2012) National Ambassador for Young People's LiteratureAnnouncement Ceremony: Walter Dean Myers. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5351/.
MLA citation style:
National Ambassador for Young People's LiteratureAnnouncement Ceremony: Walter Dean Myers. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5351/>.