Film, Video Sovereignty & Legitimacy: On the Changing Face of Law, Questions & Speculations
About this Item
- Sovereignty & Legitimacy: On the Changing Face of Law, Questions & Speculations
- Joseph Raz delivered the second Frederic R. and Molly S. Kellogg Biennial Lecture in Jurisprudence on the subject of "Sovereignty & Legitimacy: On the Changing Face of Law, Questions and Speculations."
- Event Date
- October 05, 2011
- - Joseph Raz is a legal, moral and political philosopher and one of the most prominent advocates of legal positivism. He is Thomas M. Macioce Professor of Law at the Columbia Law School, Columbia University.
- Related Resources
- Law Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/law/
- Running Time
- 39 minutes 19 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sovereignty & Legitimacy: On the Changing Face of Law, Questions & Speculations. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5356/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Sovereignty & Legitimacy: On the Changing Face of Law, Questions & Speculations. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5356/.
MLA citation style:
Sovereignty & Legitimacy: On the Changing Face of Law, Questions & Speculations. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5356/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoA History of Law in American Film
- Contributor: Silbey, Jessica
- Date: 2016-07-20
Film, VideoLaw Day 2016: Paulette Brown
- Contributor: Shaffer, Roberta I. - Brown, Paulette
- Date: 2016-04-27
Film, VideoThe City of the Jews: Segregated Space & the Admission of Strangers in the Jewish Ghetto ...
- Contributor: Indrimi, Natalia - Villani, Stefano - Cooperman, Bernard - Varricchio, Armando
- Date: 2016-05-24
Film, VideoConstitution Day 2016: Rights of People with Mental Illness
- Contributor: Maman, Robert
- Date: 2016-09-07
Film, VideoLove Wins: Obergefell v. Hodges
- Contributor: Obergefell, Jim - Cenziper, Debbie - Brown, Nicholas
- Date: 2016-06-29