Film, Video The Americas' Idylls: The Quest for an Elusive Continental Ideal
About this Item
- The Americas' Idylls: The Quest for an Elusive Continental Ideal
- Ricardo Luna talks on the efforts of thinkers and leaders from North America and Latin America to develop a definition of a single Western culture across the Northern and Southern hemispheres. The ideal of a single hemispheric identity has captivated thinkers and statesmen for more than two centuries with shifting trends in thought. Preconceptions will be examined in hemispheric identity as Luna seeks to demystify stereotypes.
- Event Date
- December 08, 2011
- - Ricardo Luna served as Peru's ambassador to the United States from 1992 to 1999. He was the Peruvian ambassador to the United Nations from 1989 to 1992, and ambassador to the Court of St. James, London, from 2006 to 2010.
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: http://www.loc.gov/kluge/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 10 minutes, 40 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Americas' Idylls: The Quest for an Elusive Continental Ideal. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5359/.
APA citation style:
(2011) The Americas' Idylls: The Quest for an Elusive Continental Ideal. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5359/.
MLA citation style:
The Americas' Idylls: The Quest for an Elusive Continental Ideal. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5359/>.