Film, Video Harry Bliss: 2011 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Harry Bliss: 2011 National Book Festival
- Author and illustrator Harry Bliss appears at the 2011 National Book Festival.
- Event Date
- September 24, 2011
- - Cartoonist and illustrator Harry Bliss grew up in an artistic family: His brother, sister and father are all artists. Readers of The New Yorker are very familiar with Bliss' work, as he has illustrated many of that magazine's covers. He is also a well-known illustrator of children's books, including "A Fine, Fine School" by Sharon Creech, which was a New York Times best-seller. His single-paned comic, "Bliss," is syndicated in more than 50 newspapers in the United States and Japan. Bliss' new book is "Bailey."
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival website: http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- Running Time
- 42 minutes, 23 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Harry Bliss:National Book Festival. 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5363/.
APA citation style:
(2011) Harry Bliss:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5363/.
MLA citation style:
Harry Bliss:National Book Festival. 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5363/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoHarry Bliss: Book Fest 05
- Contributor: Bliss, Harry
- Date: 2005-09-24
Film, VideoKate DiCamillo & Harry Bliss: 2018 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Dicamillo, Kate - Bliss, Harry
- Date: 2018-09-01
Film, VideoEllen Sabin: 2011 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Sabin, Ellen
- Date: 2011-09-24
Film, VideoJon J Muth: 2011 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Muth, Jon J
- Date: 2011-09-25
Film, VideoJoe Hayes: 2011 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Hayes, Joe
- Date: 2011-09-25