Film, Video Showcasing the Great Experiment: Cultural Diplomacy & Western Visitors to the Soviet Union, 1921-1941
About this Item
- Showcasing the Great Experiment: Cultural Diplomacy & Western Visitors to the Soviet Union, 1921-1941
- During the 1920s and 1930s, thousands of European and American writers, professionals, scientists, artists and intellectuals made a pilgrimage to experience the "Soviet experiment" for themselves. The reception of these intellectuals and fellow travelers and their encounters in order to analyze Soviet attitudes toward the West are the subject of a new book by Michael David-Fox.
- Event Date
- February 14, 2012
- - Michael David-Fox is associate professor in the Department of History and the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. He is the author of "Revolution of the Mind: Higher Learning Among the Bolsheviks, 1918-1929" and a founding editor of the journal Kritika: Explorations in Russian and Eurasian History.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 2 minutes, 10 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Showcasing the Great Experiment: Cultural Diplomacy & Western Visitors to the Soviet Union, -1941. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5444/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Showcasing the Great Experiment: Cultural Diplomacy & Western Visitors to the Soviet Union, -1941. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5444/.
MLA citation style:
Showcasing the Great Experiment: Cultural Diplomacy & Western Visitors to the Soviet Union, -1941. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5444/>.