Film, Video Locomotive to Aeromotive: Octave Chanute & the Transportation Revolution
About this Item
- Locomotive to Aeromotive: Octave Chanute & the Transportation Revolution
- Drawing heavily on the rich aeronautical archives of the Library of Congress, including personal correspondence, "Locomotive to Aeromotive: Octave Chanute and the Transportation Revolution" is the first detailed examination of French-born and self-trained civil engineer Octave Chanute's life and his immeasurable contributions to engineering and transportation, from the ground-transportation revolution of the mid-19th century to the early days of aviation.
- Event Date
- February 29, 2012
- - Simine Short is an aviation historian who has researched and written extensively on the history of motorless flight. Her first book, "Glider Mail: An Aerophilatelic Handbook," received numerous research awards worldwide and is considered a standard reference by aerophilatelists and aviation researchers.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 1 minutes, 16 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Locomotive to Aeromotive: Octave Chanute & the Transportation Revolution. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5471/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Locomotive to Aeromotive: Octave Chanute & the Transportation Revolution. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5471/.
MLA citation style:
Locomotive to Aeromotive: Octave Chanute & the Transportation Revolution. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5471/>.