Film, Video Armenian Literary Identity
About this Item
- Armenian Literary Identity
- Kevork Bardakjian presented "Scribes, Compositors and the Mind in the Making: the Armenian Script and the Creation of an Armenian Literary Identity." Levon Avdoyan discussed "The Continuity and Change of an Armenian Identity in the Digital Age." Following the lectures, participants visited the new exhibition, "To Know Wisdom and Instruction: The Armenian Literary Tradition at the Library of Congress."
- Event Date
- April 19, 2012
- - Levon Avdoyan is a specialist for Armenia and Georgia in the Library's African and Middle Eastern Division.
- - Born in Beirut, Kevork Bardakjian received a degree in Armenian Studies at Yerevan State University in 1969 and a Ph.D. in Armenian Studies at Oxford University in 1979. He is the director of the Armenian Studies Program at the University of Michigan and the director of Graduate Studies at the Department of Near Eastern Studies at the University of Michigan. He has written six books, including "Hitler and the Armenian Genocide." His main interests are literature, history, church history, identity and genocide.
- Related Resources
- Exhibition: 'To Know Wisdom and Instruction': The Armenian Literary Tradition at the Library of Congress: http://myloc.gov/Exhibitions/armenian-literary-tradition/Pages/default.aspx
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 14 minutes 23 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Armenian Literary Identity. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5524/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Armenian Literary Identity. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5524/.
MLA citation style:
Armenian Literary Identity. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5524/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTwelfth Annual Vardanants Day Armenian Lecture Edward Alexander, retired Foreign Service officer and author, delivered the Twelfth Annual Vardanants Day Armenian Lecture, "Diplomacy and the Armenian Factor." Alexander's diplomatic career began soon after the end of World War...
- Contributor: Alexander, Edward - Avdoyan, Levon
- Date: 2005-04-28
Film, VideoReflections on Armenia's Place in the Region and in the World Discussion of Armenia in context of current affairs: Vardanants Day event.
- Contributor: Lewis, Bernard - Lemmon, Michael C. - Arkoun, Mohammed - Avdoyan, Levon
- Date: 2002-04-22
Film, VideoThe History of the Acts of St. John the Evangelist An exquisitely illuminated manuscript of the Life of St. John the Evangelist was bequeathed to the Library as part of the papers of the stage and film director Rouben Mamoulian. Levon Avdoyan...
- Contributor: Avdoyan, Levon
- Date: 2015-04-08
Film, VideoThe Growth of a Squiggly Letter Language Collection: Armenian at the Library of Congress Levon Avdoyan discusses the establishment and growth of the Library's Armenian language collections.
- Contributor: Avdoyan, Levon
- Date: 2012-08-29
Film, VideoAnn Brener on Samuel's Daughter: A Love Story from Third-Century Parthia Library Hebraic area specialist Ann Brener discusses her book "Samuel's Daughter" along with Levon Avdoyan, Hirad Dinavari, Muhannad Salhi and Peggy Pearlstein.
- Contributor: Pearlstein, Peggy - Brener, Ann - Avdoyan, Levon - Salhi, Muhannad - Dinavari, Hirad
- Date: 2010-06-09