Film, Video Keorapetse Kgositsile
About this Item
- Keorapetse Kgositsile
- South African poet and political activist Keorapetse Kgositsile discusses the state of contemporary African culture, including poetry and literature.
- Event Date
- April 03, 2012
- - Keorapetse Kgositsile also known as "Bra Willie," is a South African political activist and poet. He served in the African National Congress in the 1960s and 1970s and was inaugurated as South Africa's National Poet Laureate in 2006.
- Related Resources
- Poetry & Literature at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 33 minutes 21 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Keorapetse Kgositsile. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5526/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Keorapetse Kgositsile. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5526/.
MLA citation style:
Keorapetse Kgositsile. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5526/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoKwame Dawes
- Contributor: Dawes, Kwame - Batiste, Angel
- Date: 2016-11-18
Film, VideoAfrican Poetry Book Fund Spotlight
- Contributor: Shenoda, Matthew - Abani, Chris - Girmay, Aracelis
- Date: 2017-02-10
Film, VideoNigerian Writer A. Igoni Barrett
- Contributor: Barrett, A. Igoni
- Date: 2013-05-08
Film, VideoSusan Kiguli
- Contributor: Kiguli, Susan
- Date: 2011-11-16
Film, VideoDonato Ndong
- Contributor: Ndongo, Donato
- Date: 2012-04-04