Film, Video Mapping Water Use from Space
About this Item
- Mapping Water Use from Space
- Martha Anderson talks about using images from the Landsat satellite program to monitor water use and drought on U.S. farms with pinpoint accuracy to measure evapotranspiration, the total amount of water used in the process of growing crops.
- June 14, 2012
- - Martha Anderson is a research physical scientist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Research Service in the Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory in Beltsville, Md. She received her Ph.D. in astrophysics from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, in 1993 with a dissertation on cosmic-ray acceleration in galactic supernova remnants. Her research focuses on mapping water, energy and carbon, using observations from space-based sensors. She served as a member of the Landsat Science Team from 2006 to 2011, and recently co-edited a book titled "Remote Sensing of Drought: Innovative Monitoring Approaches."
- Science, Technology & Business Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/
- 1 hours 4 minutes 10 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mapping Water Use from Space. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5529/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Mapping Water Use from Space. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5529/.
MLA citation style:
Mapping Water Use from Space. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5529/>.