Film, Video Philip Levine Closes the Literary Season
About this Item
- Philip Levine Closes the Literary Season
- Philip Levine, 18th Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry at the Library of Congress, concludes the Library's literary spring season.
- Event Date
- May 03, 2012
- - Philip Levine is the author of 20 collections of poems, including most recently "News of the World" (2009), which The New York Times Sunday Book Review describes as "characteristically wise." Levine won the 1995 Pulitzer Prize for "The Simple Truth," the National Book Award in 1991 for "What Work Is" and in 1980 for "Ashes: Poems New and Old," the National Book Critics Circle Award in 1979 for both "Ashes: Poems New and Old" and "7 Years From Somewhere," and the 1975 Lenore Marshall Poetry Prize for "Names of the Lost."
- Related Resources
- Poetry & Literature at the Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 5 minutes, 15 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Philip Levine Closes the Literary Season. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5557/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Philip Levine Closes the Literary Season. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5557/.
MLA citation style:
Philip Levine Closes the Literary Season. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5557/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoPhilip Levine Gives Inaugural Reading as U.S. Poet Laureate
- Contributor: Levine, Philip
- Date: 2011-10-17
Film, VideoPoetry of Philip Levine and Delores Kendrick
- Contributor: Kendrick, Dolores - Levine, Philip
- Date: 2007-05-24
Film, VideoPhilip Levine: 2012 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Levine, Philip
- Date: 2012-09-22
Film, Video450 Years of Spanish Poetry in the United States
- Contributor: Mayor Marsan, Maricel - Ayala, Naomi - Ambroggio, Luis Alberto - Villanueva, Tino
- Date: 2006-09-22
Film, VideoPoetry Readings from Maxine Kumin and Wesley McNair
- Contributor: Kumin, Maxine - McNair, Wesley
- Date: 2006-11-09