Film, Video In Search of Sacco & Vanzetti
About this Item
- In Search of Sacco & Vanzetti
- It was a bold and brutal crime: robbery and murder in broad daylight on the streets of South Braintree, Mass., in 1920. Tried for the crime and convicted, two Italian-born laborers, anarchists Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti, went to the electric chair in 1927, professing their innocence. Journalist Susan Tejada has spent years in the Library of Congress and elsewhere investigating the case, sifting through diaries and police reports and interviewing descendants of its major figures. She discovers little-known facts about Sacco, Vanzetti and their supporters, and develops a tantalizing theory about how a doomed insider may have been coerced into helping professional criminals plan the heist.
- Event Date
- June 21, 2012
- - Susan Tejada is a former writer and editor at the National Geographic Society, where she was the editor-in-chief of National Geographic World magazine and the author or managing editor of geography books for young readers. A native of Providence, R.I., she served with the Peace Corps in the Philippines.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 4 minutes, 53 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
In Search of Sacco & Vanzetti. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5566/.
APA citation style:
(2012) In Search of Sacco & Vanzetti. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5566/.
MLA citation style:
In Search of Sacco & Vanzetti. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5566/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoSusan Tejada: 2012 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Tejada, Susan
- Date: 2012-09-22
Film, VideoJackie's Nine: Jackie Robinson's Values to Live By
- Contributor: Robinson, Sharon
- Date: 2001-11-06
Film, VideoSodom Laurel Album Explores North Carolina Mountain Community
- Contributor: Amberg, Rob
- Date: 2003-04-21
Film, VideoPatience and Fortitude: A Roving Chronicle of Book People, Book Places and Book Culture
- Contributor: Basbanes, Nicholas
- Date: 2001-11-08
Film, VideoHow to Read and Why
- Contributor: Bloom, Harold
- Date: 2000-06-28