Film, Video The Persian Traditional Music Golha Project
About this Item
- The Persian Traditional Music Golha Project
- This illustrated lecture revealed the background and importance of Golha radio programs which were broadcast in Iran from 1956 through 1978. Jane Lewisohn discussed the artistic, literary and social significance of preserving and promoting Persian literature and music in general.
- Event Date
- May 16, 2012
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 57 minutes, 59 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Persian Traditional Music Golha Project. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5570/.
APA citation style:
(2012) The Persian Traditional Music Golha Project. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5570/.
MLA citation style:
The Persian Traditional Music Golha Project. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5570/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Blumenthals of the Upper-Lower Peninsula of Michigan
- Contributor: Silverman, Janette
- Date: 2016-05-16
Film, VideoFrom Bomberg to the Beit Midrash
- Contributor: Finkelman, Yoel
- Date: 2016-06-23
Film, VideoWhere's WANDA in Africa & Diaspora?
- Contributor: Stevenson, Tambra Raye
- Date: 2016-09-29
Film, VideoImperial Exile
- Contributor: Bowers, Keith
- Date: 2016-09-22
Film, VideoFrom Text to Image: Illumination as Visual Commentary
- Contributor: Moriah, Avner
- Date: 2016-11-17